- This event has passed.
RBC Innovation Challenge: Tech for a Greener Future
October 11, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Climate Positive Energy is pleased to announce that we are Delivery Partner for the RBC Innovation Challenge, supported by University of Toronto Entrepreneurship. The Challenge is an annual, university-wide competition that invites multi-disciplinary teams to think big and focus on technology projects with the potential for global impact.
Together with U of T Entrepreneurship, we are calling on students, with support from faculty, staff, alumni, and researchers, to collaborate on multi-disciplinary teams to build innovative world-changing solutions that address the climate crisis and leverage emerging technologies and data to help Canada reach its 2050 Net Zero targets.
To learn more and get involved, visit: entrepreneurs.utoronto.ca/rbc-innovation-challenge.
- The Innovation Challenge is the latest initiative in a series of RBC partner activity to support U of T’s innovation ecosystem that also includes startup pitch competitions, research fellowships, a speaker series, and resources to open the ONRamp co-working and event space.
- The projects that emerge from the challenge will be new, and teams can be formed in a myriad of ways – through curricular or co-curricular initiatives (incl. course work, capstones, etc.), via the U of T Entrepreneurship accelerator network, and also out of facilitated meetups and ideation clinics.
- Once established, teams will have approx. three months to develop their projects, with support along the way from RBC domain experts, faculty advisors, targeted workshops – culminating in a pitch competition for prizes in late January.
- The Challenge, supported by University of Toronto Entrepreneurship (UTE) and Climate Positive Energy (CPE), will be open to all undergraduate and graduate students from across the university and may identify a different theme each year.
- The theme for the inaugural RBC Innovation Challenge is: Tech for a Greener Future.