Climate Positive Energy Visiting Fellow Program
Climate Positive Energy is pleased to announce the Annual Visiting Fellow Program. Climate Positive Energy faculty can host a world-class national or international professor to visit, work and collaborate at the University of Toronto for a period of 4 months or more. The visiting professor will have unique expertise relevant to the Climate Positive Energy Initiative mandate and provide an opportunity for U of T to recruit and work with the world’s best researchers. These visiting professors will collaborate with research groups across the three campuses and provide open lectures.
Visiting professors should pursue research under one of Climate Positive Energy’s core pillars:
Investigate the social, political, economic, and climate implications of sustainable energy and guide technology development for just climate change mitigation in the service of local and global communities.
Investigate near and long-term technical and scientific approaches to expand renewable energy, reduce energy demands, minimize pollution and decarbonize our energy systems.
Details and Eligibility
- $40,000 per fellowship, for a funding period of 4-6 months.
- Fellows are required to actively participate in Climate Positive Energy activities and programs, and give an open lecture.
- Visiting researchers must be an established faculty member, who is on or will be on sabbatical at the time of the fellowship.
- Visiting fellows need a faculty host or mentor. Each host may only sponsor one visiting researcher.
- Fellowship should begin no later than November 2022.
The University of Toronto is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
To apply, fill out the form here: https://forms.office.com/r/5fGujLhhhj. Applications are due July 29th, 2022. Please direct any questions to Hannah at email@example.com. The application consists of:
- CV of visiting researcher
- Research project title and one paragraph description, including how it addresses the Envision or Empower themes and multi-disciplinary perspectives. (500 words maximum)
- Confirmation of sponsorship from Climate Positive Energy affiliated host/mentor.